Welcome to Family Blueprints
Click graphic above for more information on 10 to $10,000.
Our MissionTo address the root causes of intergenerational poverty and teen pregnancy by providing programs and services to economically disadvantaged families that strengthen the entire family unit, empower youth and families to create pathways out of poverty and the blueprints for a better future.
Our VisionTo build strong communities by building stronger families, each one teaching one.
• More than half of births (53%) fathered by teen boys under age 18 are unplanned. (thenationalcampaign.org)
• As a result of poverty, 80% of teen fathers pay less than $800 per year in child support and do not marry the mother of their first child.
• Investing in our future: Each year, North Carolina spends $27,747 per inmate to house and rehabilitate offenders. It costs Family Blueprints just $1,920 per year to keep young men in school and out of prison.
Teen pregnancy is a poverty issue. Family Blueprints of North Carolina's work and purpose is to address the reciprocal, cyclical relationship between poverty and teen pregnancy that so often cripples economically disadvantaged youth and families resulting in dropping out of high school, repeat unplanned pregnancies, and the transfer of poverty from one generation to the next.
Each of the organization's programs and services will utilize strategies that promote self-efficacy, economic empowerment, and personal responsibility and accountability to place economically disadvantaged youth and families "in the driver's seat" of their own lives in an effort to create pathways out of poverty. Each program and service will include three key elements:
• Prevention - to reduce the likelihood of repeated cycles of systemic issues such as poverty, teen pregnancy, school dropout and incarceration
• Entrepreneurship - to identify talents and skills that youth and families already possess that can then be used to create opportunities for economic empowerment; and
• Financial Literacy - to ensure that youth and families have the ability to make wise financial decisions, avoid negative spending habits, and identify strategies to increase economic empowerment.
Recent Posts on Family Blueprints Facebook page
- http://ow.ly/i/6bdSJ My Brother's Keeper financial literacy workshop with Charmo...
- Wed, 09 Jul 2014 23:25:23 +0100 -
- TODAY IS THE DAY and it's not too late to get your tickets!!! 6.26...from 7-10.....
- Thu, 26 Jun 2014 12:08:24 +0100 -
- 2 days left before THIS happens. 6.26...7-10
- Tue, 24 Jun 2014 15:13:53 +0100 -
- THIS THURSDAY...6.26....7-10...1 West 4th St...Live Music/Wine/Beer/Food/Network...
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 17:21:55 +0100 -